Monday, August 3, 2009

Stain of Mind

What has happened to the world of intelligent lyrics? why is it that today we are forcibly subjected to a world of mediocrity in the music industry? Gone are the songs which left us with something to think about. The songs which spoke of more than relationships and love.

I mean how pathetic is it that all of today's mainstream lyrics have the intellectual depth of a puddle. I was YouTube-ing the other day and checking out some Rush songs and one comment that struck a chord was “Rush makes me think and I hate that!”. Awesome is it not? What have we sunk to? And the majority of today's songs have nothing more to speak of but sex, women and money.

What strikes me as most ironic is that in an age where women are said to be treated with equality and respect, a majority of these songs reduce women to nothing more than a vessel to sate materialistic tendencies. AND women listen to and enjoy this trash.

A pathetic excuse for music is what it is. Mainstream music.

3 comments:

Iman. said...

what's wrong with sex, women and money? oh oh, and might i add, i've picked up hannah montana songs during the weekend. yes, you may abandon me now :) haha.

::phoenixnoir:: said...

Well...after , I just can't see anybody NOW doing anything they ever did. I mean seriously. What do you really expect from people who think Twilight is a literary genius? Hmm?

word verification for moi is: colides

Y said...

this is why i abandoned mainstream music!!
i think im going to become a songwriter .. good profession no? and instead of degrading women .. i shall degrade men .. coz i think they deserve to be degraded!

*sigh* excuse the mini anti men rant havent had my morning coffee yet! i commented now you do too (:
cheerio!