Monday, January 26, 2009

True Men Don't Kill Coyotes

I hate, despise, loathe, detest and abhor stupid forwards. Honestly how naive do you have to be to actually fall for this garbage?
"Forward this to 10 people and you will get a million dollars", "Forward this and your crush will fall for you", "Forward this and the magical cow of the Netherlands shall bestow a castle of silicon upon you"
And people send this!?...What is going through their mind is something simply beyond my comprehension. They must have absolutely the lowest IQ's to think that a mere e-mail will grant them their wishes.
On the other end of the spectrum you have those that are merely out to spread malice. "Tomatoes cause cancer", "cameras cause cancer", "Having a pet cat in December causes cancer" and I know for a fact that people fall for this. My own mother being one of them. Many a time I have had to go online (to my best bud Google) to prove to her how rubbish-y (awesome word eh?) these claims are.

And finally you have the forwards which are pure mush. Pictures of babies, kittens, puppies, birds and all that stuff which have leotard wearing people go "awww". Mails that tell you to be good to your neighbours, be kind to animals, be a friend, blah blah blah... stuff that generally makes me go "Oh thanks!, it’s a good thing you told me to be kind to animals. I was just on my way to liquidize a giraffe"

Sigh, the sheer stupidity of us humans

5 comments:

Y said...

some forwards can be annoying .. but they are not all tht bad .. some of them are actually pretty cool and informative .. like the ones i send u *sticks nose up in the air* :)

Shaahima said...

This post's dedicated to ma isn't it?
You speak the truth brother dear.

Anonymous said...

Dude, ur layout is messed up... :|

::phoenixnoir:: said...

The line "I was just on my way to liquidize a giraffe." made me crack up. This made my day, really.
word verification of the day is: corthed

S said...

you NEED a tv show or like a stand up thing! I would pay good money to hear about the liquidized giraffe! - GOLD that!

-S