Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Rockafeller Skank

So I was doing some err...watchemacallit...thinking the other day. And I realized an interesting realization.(See how I framed that sentence? Fascinating, no?)

We (humans that is) do some pretty peculiar things.

like for instance looking up when it drizzles...OK, so now there are two things.
Firstly why do people look up? In my head its one of two things. Either you are perplexed with this radical new concept of water from the skies or you are trying to figure out if it is going to rain harder which leads me to my second point.
My second point: You're bound to get a drop in your eye when you look up. After which you are going to curse the sky and the gods above. Cursing the gods will then lead you to an untimely death and a stint in the hell-hole named (funnily enough) 'Hell'. Hell is, of course, said to be quite 'lame'.

Then we have clapping. The action itself is pretty barbaric when you think about it. I mean look at it. The banging of hands in support of something? In my head that leads to an image of a caveman (Curiously enough named 'Rob') jumping up and down while banging his hands together in glee at the sight of his mate, (lets call him 'Thor') bringing in his freshly caught mammoth. I dunno. This is just me thinking out loud or whatever. But I mean clapping is 'sooo last millenia' if you ask me.

Oh, and lets not forget all those scientific studies out there. I'm referring to of course the most daft ones. Now to prove my point while trying to appear well informed I did a quick spot of research. Research which led me to answers to age old queries. Queries such as;
'What is The effect of country music on suicide',
'Are chickens bias towards attractive people',
'What are The Possible Functions and Phylogenetic Significance of Frogs Odorous Secretions'
and my personal favourite,
'What is the pressure produced by a penguin poo-ing' where educated but certainly very bored Victor Breno of International University, Bremen, and Jozsef Gal of Lorand Eotvos University, Hungary, used the basic principles of physics to calculate the pressure that builds up inside a penguin.
I penguin-shit you not. These are real studies conducted by 'scientists' as my friend google showed me at this site and this one.
Hah! and you thought i was bluffing!

Bungee Jumping! I mean what the hell is that about!? I really don't know how someone came up with that idea.

Inventor dude A:"hmm...dude...you know i just realised something. every time i jump off a bridge, i fall into the water"
Inventor dude B: "yea dude...I'm like totally sick of that" *puffs on his happy stick*
Inventor dude A: "OK here's the deal...*puffs*...you take this *hands big rubber band chain* and jump off that there bridge.
Inventor dude B: *Jumps* "AAAaaaahh... " *splash*
Inventor dude A: "hmm..." *takes a long drag* "needs more rubber bands."

So yea... we are pretty bizarre. I mean what other being invents stuff, only to label them cancerous a few weeks later, Parachutes off planes for entertainments sake and writes about how weird their species is?

6 comments:

::phoenixnoir:: said...

If chimps had brains...

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear the end of that sentence xD

Yoong said...

It is indeed, perplexing, us humans.

Jowee said...

oh my goodness you are so funny lol .. .

so if we didn't clap. . .how do we show our appreciation and support for something?
Yes you should do a post on that , i would love to read...

GossipGuy said...

This post was like marijuana! I was giggling in that way, y'know, that SIGNIFICANT way...

Y said...

you shouldn't think.

but then again you should. you make me laugh when you do. && laughter is good.

*sigh* its way past my bedtime!